Writing ads for pay per click advertising – and writing PPC ads that get you the best results – doesn’t have to be a mystery. This fun and informative video gives you TEN best practices for writing PPC ads that pop – and get you the best quality score!
Check out our other videos from trada.com.
Trada’s PPC Library presents: Intro to Ad Copy.
How do you write ads for PPC?
In this video, we’ll teach you how to write an ad that is compelling and relevant.
When writing ad copy, there are several things to consider. You must write an ad that will encourage a searcher to click, since that’s the whole point of pay per click advertising. But in order to get the best possible position on a search engine, you need to get a good quality score – which means your ads must be relevant to your keywords.
Let’s jump right in with an example, and we’ll talk about best practices along the way.
You’re a business who sells science and laboratory supplies online, and you want people to be able to buy lab coats from you.
Here is a basic PPC ad. It has a title line, two lines of text, and a display URL.Now, this ad is perfectly serviceable, but remember that search engines value excellence and optimization – and writing your ads well will take a pay per click campaign that’s floundering and make it into a superstar.
With ad copy you are trying to be compelling – so someone will click – and to differentiate yourself from all the other lab supply joints out there. So grab their attention! Now, because of Google’s and the other ad networks’ policies, you can’t write this in all caps with a gazillion exclamation points. (They do this so users will have a positive experience, and to avoid stuff like this.) So you’ll need to find another way to get attention: by offering value.
Let’s take this ad and snazz it up. There are ten best practices to consider:
1. Use your keyword in the ad copy. This means you’ll have to check your ad against every keyword in your ad group.
2. Use title casing in the title line. This makes the ad pop.
3. Differentiate yourself by what you sell. Here, you are showing that you have a large selection of lab coats.
4. Make an offer. Give the searcher a reason to choose you. People love saving money!
5. Make a limited-time offer. Create a sense of urgency with promotions and end dates.
6. Be conversational. Creativity counts, but make sure your grammar is perfect.
7. Use a call to action. This will tell a searcher what to expect on the other side of the click. Will they be able to order something? Fill out a form? Download a free trial?
8. Use a category-specific display URL. This will help your ad be relevant, and it’ll tell searchers what to expect when they click.
9. Make sure your ad is driven to the right landing page. You don’t want a searcher to have to click around on your site to find lab coats.
10. Test, test, test. Write four different ads for each ad group. Let them run for a week, then determine which ones had the best results. Keep the two winners, and write two more ads to test.
Most importantly, don’t let your campaign go stale. A successful pay per click campaign is constantly refreshed, optimized, and tested. If you set and forget, you’ll be wasting money and getting poor results.
With these practices, you’ll be writing the best ads on the web! Of course, you could use Trada.
With Trada you can have multiple PPC experts writing ad copy for you. The diversity of thinking that comes from a crowd is better for writing ads and using different strategies than one person working alone. And they don’t stop at ad copy – Trada’s certified paid search experts manage bid prices, create keywords, and constantly optimize your campaign to be the best it can be. They’re motivated – because they are paid on their performance. Trada is the world’s first crowdsourced paid search marketplace. Learn more at trada.com.
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- [Hướng dẫn] Chạy QUẢNG CÁO FACEBOOK TIN NHẮN (messenger ads) – Siêu dễ Siêu cơ bản
- Legal Hot Topics_Nov 2018-Federal Security Clearance Adjudication
- RESET EPSON L380 , L383, L385, L485 ADJUSTMENT PROGRAM FULL VERSION FREE DOWNLOAD
- #Traveller1 – 3e Urban life – 1.VOCABULARY – ADJECTIVES DESCRIBING PLACES – B. Use some of the adj..
- Chinese HSK 3 A比B+ adj. + 得多/多了 indicating the degree of difference after comparison